Action responds to the needs of our loyal clients – whatever the request. Sometimes they let us know that it’s time to sell their health business or they are starting to prepare for their future retirement. There are plenty of things to consider, and many factors affecting value – all of which we can help you navigate. Agents don’t want to sell to a competitor – but they still need someone who is privy to the health industry and who they can trust with the business they’ve worked so hard to build. Action, who has served as their right-hand advisor, is the best suitor for the transaction. While we don’t actively seek to acquire books of business, we respond when the opportunity presents itself. And we close the deal when the fit is right – not just for us, for our transitioning client, and for their consumers. Our licensed agents will continue to service your customers at the highest level, and agents can confidently plan for succession with peace of mind.
Besides retirement – why would I consider preparing to sell my business?
- You don’t have the resources; whether capital for growth, technology, or compliance expertise to keep up with the competition and evolving industry. You’ve built a fantastic business, but you’ve reached a ceiling.
- Insurance is a side business for you, and you have decided that it is not what you want to do going forward.
- An unexpected death occurs – and there is no exit strategy. In the worst case, the business just fades away as carriers take it direct or other agents get AORs. With proper planning, your legacy lives on.
I have decided to sell – and its time to take next steps – what are some things I should keep in mind?
- Are you selling your agency (employees, building, etc.) or just your book of business?
- If selling your book of business, are you selling it all to one person or splitting it? For example, selling the P&C to one organization and health to another.
- How is the value of your business assessed? Many factors come into play: what parts you’re selling, ongoing expenses and assets, product mix, historical retention rates, and more.
If you are ready to start the conversation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 356-8588. We will work with you to understand your needs, develop a plan, put together a competitive offer, and ensure your clients are well taken care of in the coming years.